The boat parade will be happening on Sunday, December 18th, from 5:30pm to 9. Come by to watch for free!
Hundreds of boats are decorated for this dazzling holiday boat parade of lights on San Diego Bay. Join us for this San Diego Holiday Tradition!
- Start led by US Coast Guard Cutter
- South end to north end of Shelter Island
- North end Shelter Island across America’s Cup Harbor entrance to west end Harbor Island
- West end Harbor Island to east end of Harbor Island
- East end Harbor Island to just west of Maritime Museum’s ferry Berkeley
- Pass Berkeley and Star of India
- Parallel the Embarcadero to the “G” St. Mole
- Pass Seaport Village and the San Diego Marriott Hotel and Marina
- Past Marina Park, turn south. Cross Bay to the Marriott Coronado Hotel
- Proceed west to the Coronado Ferry Landing
- Proceed to Finish at buoy 22a
For boaters wishing to view the parade, a good viewing area is where the parade route turns for Coronado, near the 10th Street Terminal. For those viewing on land, the north and south ends of the Embarcadero as well as the pathway along Coronado are good spots as they tend to be less crowed.
If you plan on viewing the parade from Harbor Island, get there early and be aware that parking is at a premium. Another good spot is the park behind Seaport Village.
Approximate Times at Locations Around the Bay
The parade takes approximately one hour to one and a half hours to pass any given point along the parade route. The approximate arrival time of the parade at various locations are:
- Shelter Island (start of parade) – 5:30 pm
- Harbor Island – 6:00 pm
- The Embarcadero – 6:30 pm
- Seaport Village – 7:00 pm
- Ferry Landing on Coronado – 7:30 pm
Contact me today for real estate assistance! (619) 890-3648 | Email me
Latest posts by John A Silva (see all)
- California Real Estate Market Update – March 2018 - April 25, 2018
- Money Monday: Financial plans, and why you need one - April 23, 2018
- San Diego County Events for April 20 – 22 - April 20, 2018