Buying your home or selling it can be a huge project to tackle any time of the year, and adding that project to the busyness of the holiday season can make life even more hectic. But according to U-T San Diego, it just might be something you should contemplate doing.
Based completely on their article, here’s a few reasons why you should consider selling or buying this holiday season:
- From now through the end of the year, the real estate market is typically slower — being that if you’re a seller, those fewer but more serious buyers will be looking at purchasing your home. And if you’re buying, you could get a better price and terms when getting into a transaction with a motivated seller. Sellers often wait until after the holidays to list–creating a flood of inventory in January.
- The when and where is right. If your house would be an ideal second home, buyers have the time now to look–and they might be in your area for the holidays.
- To qualify for tax deductions from a real estate purchase, you need to buy before December 31 — another motivator to sell or buy now!
- Rather than waiting for the summer, this break from work and school motivates many purchases
- All those holiday decorations give your home a great first impression–buyers can envision their own family celebrations there!
- Fewer transactions for lenders could been a faster closing
- This year, mortgage rates are still low!
Contact me today for real estate assistance! (619) 890-3648 | Email me
Latest posts by John A Silva (see all)
- Money Monday: The differences between fixed-rate and adjustable-rate mortgages - August 13, 2018
- San Diego County for August 10 – 12 - August 10, 2018
- Money Monday: Questions to ask yourself if you want to retire early - August 6, 2018