There is no doubt that the home buying process can get a little hectic. There are so many homes to look at, factors to consider, and papers to sign that even experienced home buyers can get a little overwhelmed. The tips below should help you get into that home of your dreams with the least amount of headaches and worries.
- Don’t go it alone. Make sure that you have a trained and experienced real estate agent working for you. A good agent will keep track of the day to day details of your transaction and make sure that you have all the paperwork taken care of.
- Don’t change jobs unless it is necessary. Lenders like stability. If a lender sees that you have a stable employment history there is less likely to be any trouble with your application.
- Don’t give an earnest money deposit directly to a for sale by owner seller. Your good faith deposit should go into a trust account. Some for sale by owner sellers don’t understand that funds are to be applied to your expenses at closing.
- Don’t forget to switch utilities. That sounds simple, but you’d be surprised how many people forget to apply for utility service at their new home. Call the utility companies as soon as you have a contract.
- Line Up Your Hazard Insurance. Make sure that your home is covered in case of any disaster that might occur. This is doubly important because your lender will want to see an insurance binder demonstrating that your new home is covered.
Contact me today for real estate assistance! (619) 890-3648 | Email me
Latest posts by John A Silva (see all)
- Money Monday: File your tax return - March 19, 2018
- San Diego County Events for March 16 – 18 - March 16, 2018
- Money Monday: Can you deduct interest on your home equity loan? - March 12, 2018