If you’re looking to purchase a home in the near future, start planning now on what you need to do before actually looking for a home.
There’s a lot on your to-do list when it comes time to buy a home, but you can avoid making some big mistakes and hurdles by realizing these five helpful pieces of information (tips from the Bankrate’s helpful article here: “5 first-time homebuyer mistakes“):
- Realize that you’ll be paying more than just mortgage payments
- Get loan preapproval before starting the house hunt
- Get professional help from a real estate agent (In San Diego County and don’t have a Realtor? Call me at (619) 890-3648!), loan agent, and perhaps a lawyer)
- Don’t use all your savings on the down payment
- Wait until you’ve officially closed to make any other big purchases
Bankrate’s article is full of many more details and information on these tips, so click over to their website and read their article here: “5 first-time homebuyer mistakes“.