Holiday Spending: 5 Ways To Reduce Financial Stress
- Discuss what the holidays mean to you and your family. Talk about your values and consider alternatives to unbridled spending.
- When you are dealing with extended families, set reasonable, manageable, and realistic boundaries.
- Instead of making the holidays a time where breaking the bank becomes the norm, make it a time to do meaningful activities that don’t revolve around spending unnecessary dollars.
- Create your holiday budget in January. Then you can divide the amount by twelve months and begin to set it aside monthly.
- Focus on celebrating what is most important to you and your family — not on the financial aspect.
This tips are from Forbes. Read more on this advice from Forbes here: “Holiday Spending: 5 Ways To Reduce Financial Stress.”