When you write a purchase offer, the back-and-forth between you and the seller begins (typically with real estate agents advising both of you) — and when you are intentional about your number and why, the more successful you’re offer will be.
Following some guidelines from HouseLogic when choosing your purchase offer amount will help:
- Know your financial limits and stick well within them.
- Get familiar with the real estate lingo (an agent helps tremendously here!)
- Have your agent run the comps to see how the list price of the home compares and then take other aspects (like time on market, availability of other similar properties in the area, etc) into account.
- Figure out your down payment.
- Make an earnest money deposit if you’re truly serious about buying the house.
Read the remainder of HouseLogic’s tips here: “Make an Offer Like a Boss.“
And give me a call for step-by-step real estate help as your Realtor when buying a house! John A Silva, (619) 890-3648