This weekend, enjoy movies with the family or watch dogs surf better than people! Besides the usual summer (and year-round) activities you can do in San Diego (view the Top 20 Must-Do Activities in San Diego list here!), check out the events going on today through Sunday:
At the Unleashed by Petco Surf Dog Competition, the most fearless dogs will jump on their boards, paddle out and surf! There will be more than just surfing going on, though; there will also be available on Saturday: dog food garden (food & treat samples), kid zone, beginners agility course, free video and photo booth (with green screen), dog adoptions, off-leash play area, and more.
When: Saturday, August 1 | 9am – 3pm
Where: 2 Elder Ave., Imperial Beach, CA 91932
Cost: Free | Registration Fee for Competitors
More information: unleashedby.petco.com/surfdog
El Cajon Dinner and a Concert
From May through September, the El Cajon Dinner and a Concert (formerly Concerts on the Promenade) take place every Friday from 6:00 to 8:00 PM at Prescott Promenade near the corner of Main St and Magnolia. Entertainment includes rock, western, rock-a-billy, country, caribbean and Spanish flamenco; tonight’s entertainment features The Jones Revival. Bring a chair/blanket, food and drinks.
When: Fridays, through September | 6 – 8pm
Where: Prescott Promenade | near the corner of Main St and Magnolia, El Cajon, CA
More information: downtownelcajon.com/Events/DinnerandaConcert.aspx
Free San Diego movies for the family
Different cities in San Diego county host free family movies (this list is by SanDiego.org); here are the ones going on this weekend:
- July 31 – Penguins of Madagascar – PG | Clairemont – South Clairemont Community Park – 3605 Clairemont Drive, San Diego, CA 92117
- July 31 – Penguins of Madagascar – PG | Lakeside – Lindo Lake County Park – 12660 Lindo Lane, Lakeside, CA 92040
- July 31 – Grease – PG-13 | Old Town – Heritage County Park – 2454 Heritage Park Row, San Diego, CA 92110
- July 31 – Home – PG | Southcrest – Southcrest Community Park – 4149 Newton Avenue, San Diego, CA 92113
- August 1 – Big Hero 6 – PG | Mira Mesa – Hourglass Community Park – 10440 Black Mountain Road, San Diego, CA 92126
- August 1 – Big Hero 6 – PG | Otay Mesa – Montgomery-Waller Recreation Center – 3020 Coronado Avenue, San Diego, CA 92154
- August 1 – Home – PG | La Jolla – Nobel Community Park – 8810 Judicial Drive, San Diego, CA 92121
- August 1 – Big Hero 6 – PG | Campo – Lake Morena – 2550 Lake Morena Drive, Campo, CA 91906
Baja By The Sea
Baja By The Sea will display the culinary and cultural heritage of Baja California, as well as its tourism attractions and infrastructure. The event will exhibit nine aisles, five of them will be represented by each city of Baja California: Tijuana, Tecate, Ensenada, Rosarito and Mexicali; each city will promote its main cuisine, hotels, travel agencies, museums, and recreational spaces.
When: Saturday, August 1 | 12 – 6pm
Where: Embarcadero Marina Park North | 500 Kettner Blvd, San Diego, CA 92101
More information: www.bajabythesea.mx
The 51st annual Oz convention includes Oz quizzes for all ages and levels, the Oz Treasure Hunt, the Oz Research Table, the Oz Dealers Room, Oz Show and Tell to share your discoveries, panel discussions, displays, and after-parties. And you can get your cOZplay on for the OzCon costume contest.
Admission includes watermelon feeding with the camels, the Pollywood bird show, contests, a watermelon-carving contest, and exhibits. The 32-acre working ranch and camel milk dairy is home to a large herd of camels, donkeys, horses, sheep, dogs, cats, turkeys, exotic birds, and two ranchers. Runs Friday through Sunday.
Contact me today for real estate assistance! (619) 890-3648 | Email me
Latest posts by John A Silva (see all)
- Money Monday: Homeownership rates affected by student debts - July 24, 2017
- San Diego County Events for July 21 – 23 - July 21, 2017
- Sellers’ Market Challenges - July 19, 2017