Good news on the foreclosure rate front for San Diego County!
Here are the details on foreclosures in San Diego County this past year, based on a San Diego Union-Tribune article (“Foreclosures fell 31 percent in 2014”. Jonathan Horn. 20 Jan. 2015):
- Foreclosures are at an eight-year low here in San Diego County.
- In 2014, 1,666 properties were repossessed. That’s 31 percent less than the 2,408 foreclosures in 2013!
- The foreclosure rate was the lowest since 2006 (when 1,621 homes were repossessed).
- The median price for homes in San Diego County was $436,500.
- In December 2014, 137 properties were foreclosed on.
- 5,191 default notices were issued in 2014 — the lowest amount since 2005 (when there were 3,933).
Read the full article by U-T San Diego here.