This upcoming weekend has a plethora of events planned for the celebration of Cinco de Mayo in San Diego. There’s so many that I had to randomly choose just a few to highlight here:
San Diego Padres’ Cinco de Mayo Party
- Start your Cinco de Mayo weekend with the San Diego Padres’ Cinco de Mayo Party on Friday, May 4th. If you get to the park early, there will be live music, $5 Beers, $5 Margaritas or Cocktails and $5 Carnitas Tacos to enjoy. The party starts at 5:00pm and first pitch versus the Florida Marlins is at 7:05pm. You can buy tickets at Padres.com or by calling (619) 795-5555.
Cinco De Mayo Pub Crawl – San Diego Gaslamp Edition
- Over a dozen or more venues all along the Gaslamp District have some drink specials to celebrate May 5th. You can buy your ticket for the day you want to go or the 2-day pass; check-in at the World Famous Pig N’ Whistle during the following times: Friday 5.4 | 5pm – 9pm, Saturday 5.5- | Noon – 9pm (Do not be late, no exceptions). You will be given a map with the bar locations and when they’re participating in the drink specials. More details are available at U~T San Diego.
Cinco de Mayo Concert in the Park, with SDSU Jazz Orchestra and Chamber Choir
- Celebrate Cinco de Mayo with a program of Latin American favorites performed by the SDSU Jazz Orchestra and Chamber Choir, for free. The concert begins at 5pm on May 5th. More information.
Fiesta Old Town Cinco de Mayo
- This FREE Fiesta takes place on Friday, May 4th from 3:00 PM to 10:00 PM, Saturday May, 5th from 11:00 AM to 10:00 PM and Sunday, May 6th, 2012 from 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM. You can go to festivalnet.com to learn more.
29th Annual Old Town Cinco de Mayo – 3-day event
- San Diego’s largest Cinco de Mayo celebration captures the history of the 1800’s in a big way. Highlights include music, food, beer, carnival rides & games, car show, chalk art, shopping, cosutmed performances, Mexican wrestling, stage coach rides, and a riding & roping horse show. At Old Town State Historical Park; Friday, May 4th – 5pm to 10pm | Saturday, May 5th – 11am to 10pm | Sunday, May 6th – 11am to 5pm. More details here.