You have to be extra vigilant with your money nowadays. When buying real estate, don’t fall victim to wire fraud with these three steps:
- Pay attention to how wire instructions are sent (in other word — only accept instructions that are secure and encrypted).
- Before wiring funds, call to verify the wire instructions with the title company.
- Be careful of any changes — real instructions rarely change.
This infographic is from the CALIFORNIA ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS at CAR.org.
Real estate home buyers out there are becoming more and more tech-savvy.
What do buyers use technology for when shopping for a home?
- Reading real estate agent profiles
- Using online real estate resources
- Sending documents to lenders (and once in the transaction process, back-and-forth to their agent)
- Looking at neighborhood maps
- Browsing active real estate listings (<–click to do your own personal home search!)
- What do you use the Internet for in the home-buying process?