With the tax deadline coming up, now is the time to refresh yourself and learn about tax breaks you could be getting if you are a homeowner.
Some of the following tax deductions are only applicable to new homeowners, but there are a few that any owner can file for:
- Mortgage interest
- Mortgage insurance premiums
- Energy related tax credits
- Capital gains exclusion
- Property inheritance
- Property taxes
- Home office costs
- Moving expenses
If you would like details on these potential tax breaks you could be getting, read Yahoo’s article here.
Yes, the tax filing deadline of April 18th is a ways off still, but there are some good reasons not to wait until the last minute.
- You’ll have time to look into the new changes for the tax laws.
- You’ll probably get your refund faster.
- You’ll protect yourself from tax fraud.
Read Forbes’ full article on why you should file for taxes early.